Pickle-Brined Grilled Chicken
- 2, 4 - 5 oz chicken breasts
- 1/2 Jar Byler's Sweet Dill Pickle Juice
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Black pepper to taste
Marinate chicken in Byler's Sweet Dill Pickle juice while you make the remoulade.
You may marinate the chicken for longer, time permitting. The longer you marinate, the more 'pickly' the chicken will be!
Remove chicken from the marinade and trim the fat.
Carefully using a knife, slice each chicken breast in half to create two, thinner breasts.
Place one of the breasts between two pieces of parchment or wax paper.
- Use a rolling pin or pan to gently pound the chicken to flatten/ thin to about 1/4 - 1/2 inch thick.
- Repeat these above steps with each chicken breast.
- Season both sides of chicken with spices.
- Put a grill pan (or any pan) on the stove over medium-high heat and add olive oil to coat.
- Add chicken and sear on each side. Don't fight the chicken. They will easily release from the pan and flip when they're ready! Cook for 3-4 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
- Build your sandwich! I like to use whole grain bread, lettuce, tomato, red onion, and of course, the remoulade! Serve with a side of faux- fried pickles.