Faux Fried Pickles
- 1 jar Byler's Sweet Dill Pickles
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4-1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning (optional)
Place pickles on a dinner dish covered with a paper towel or lint free towel. Let them sit for 5-10 minutes to absorb excess liquid.
Add all breading ingredients to a bowl and mix.
In another bowl, create an egg wash. Whisk the egg, add milk, and mix.
Heat olive oil in a pan over high heat.
Put a few pickle slices in the egg wash at a time. Put in the breading bowl to coat. (For extra crispy pickles, put pickles back in the egg wash and cover with breading two times.)
- Place pickles in the pan. Cook for 1-2 minutes per side. TIP: An easy way to flip your pickles is by using 2 forks.
- When done, put a fresh paper towel on a clean plate, and place pickles on top to remove any excess oil.
- Try dipping these pickles in a creamy, pickle remoulade sauce.
- Serve and enjoy!